Posted on September 9, 2020 6:20 PM by Admin
Important Updates from Your Summerwood Board of Directors and Crest Management Team:
The 2020 Annual Meeting of Summerwood Community Association will be on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. Due to COVID-19, this meeting will be held virtually via Zoom.com. Log in information will be provided to homeowners. This will be an excellent opportunity to hear a review of the Association’s activities, finances and future plans.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Annual Report
- Election of Directors Announced
- Open Forum
Three positions on the Board of Directors will be filled in this election for a term of two years. You can vote:
1) Online electronically
2) USPS mail
5) Lockbox drop off
Deadlines for voting (must be received by 5:00 p.m.)
|Online||Wednesday September 23, 2020||www.summerwoodlife.ivotehoa.com|
Tuesday September 22, 2020
|P.O. Box 219320 Houston, TX 77218-9320|
Tuesday September 22, 2020
Tuesday September 22, 2020
|Lockbox drop off||
Tuesday September 22, 2020
Residents' Central Clubhouse lockbox14111 Summerwood Lakes Drive
*IMPORTANT ONLINE VOTING INSTRUCTIONS: Each property with an email address on file with Crest should have received an invitation to vote electronically from IVOTEHOA. Please be sure to add this email address (email@example.com) to your safe sender list/address book so you can participate in the vote electronically if you choose. If you do not receive the email by September 7, 2020 please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-945-4629 . Voting online is easy and quick! There are only three steps!
1. From within the email received regarding electronic voting, click the link to go to the voting site -or-visit www.summerwoodlife.ivotehoa.com
2. Register for the vote by entering your name, email, and creating a password
3. Make your choices on the ballot and submit
There is one ballot allowed per lot. If you own more than one lot, you will be able to vote the same number of times as the number of lots you own.
Please view candidate bios by clicking HERE.
Please find ballot instructions HERE.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 281-945-4629
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THE VOTING PROCESS, THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROCESS.
Posted on September 4, 2020 3:15 PM by Admin
RESIDENTS' CENTRAL IS NOW OPEN
The repair is complete, and the water is turned on. Residents' Central is now open for office hours and gym access. Thank you for your patience.
Posted on September 4, 2020 5:00 AM by Admin
RESIDENTS' CENTRAL TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Due to a main waterline break, all Residents' Club Central facilities including the weight and cardio rooms have been closed and will remain so until repairs can be completed. At this time, it is unknown when repairs will be finished so please watch for an updated email from Crest Management that will be sent out to alert you to the reopening of the building.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience while we work to get the necessary repairs completed.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact community manager Michelle Villegas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on August 26, 2020 8:45 AM by Admin
Important Update from Your Summerwood Board of Directors and Crest Management Team:
As you may be aware, Hurricane Laura is expected to make landfall Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. This hurricane is predicted to bring 6- 8 inches of rain with high winds.
Many of our contractors are working diligently in the community towards hurricane preparedness. In preparation for this hurricane, we ask that you look at storm drains near your home and ensure they are free of debris, and take measures to secure trash cans and other large/light objects indoors. If these items are blown away during the storm, they have the potential to block storm drains, so please ensure that the storm drains in front of your homes remain clear. In addition, please make note of the Hurricane Preparedness resources provided below:
Emergency Preparedness Information:
- Please get prepared now. The Red Cross has a Hurricane Safety Checklist.
- Please report emergency repairs to the Crest Management After Hours Answering Service: 713- 935- 7331. Emergency repairs are those issues that must be reported immediately for the safety of residents, or to prevent substantial damage to Summerwood Community Association property.
- Please report downed trees on community property and/or damage to common area property to Kisha@Crest-Management.com.
- Please report downed trees in county roadways to Harris County HERE.
- Please report power outages, gas leaks, and other energy issues to CenterPoint Energy HERE.
- For more Harris County Hurricane Readiness Information, click HERE.
Helpful resources to keep you informed include:
Crest Contact Info:
Michelle, Community Manager- email@example.com or 281-945-4629
Contact for Board Requests and Board Meeting information.
On- Site Community Manager- 281-225-2786
Contact for day to day operations, property maintenance issues, clubhouse rental, contractors, pool bands, fobs and etc.
Keni, Event Coordinator- firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-755-5762
Contact for questions on community events, activities, resident website, volunteering or sponsorship opportunities.
Kisha, Assistant Community Manager- email@example.com or 281-945-4665
Contact for Deed Restrictions, property modification matters, and general information inquiries.
Laura, Community Accountant- firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-945-4639
Contact for payments and accounting matters.
Please take every precaution to keep your family and property safe.
Posted on July 16, 2020 1:00 PM by Admin
Run for a seat on the Summerwood HOA Board!
Are you looking for a rewarding way to get involved in your community? Do you want to get to know your neighbors better? Do you want to take a proactive role in insuring that your property values are preserved for the immediate future and in the long run? Then you might be a great candidate to run for the Summerwood HOA Board. Three director positions will be up for election this year.
How do I run?
Email forms to email@example.com. You will have until August 7th to complete this step. In August, a candidate orientation session will be held to provide some insight on the commitment required of Board members. In September, a ballot will be sent to all residents via mail. It will include a listing of the candidates who are running and will include some information from your candidate profile. Voting must be completed by September 22nd at 5:00 pm. The Annual Meeting, held via video conference, will be on September 24, 2020. The election results will be announced at that meeting.
Posted on May 27, 2020 1:00 PM by Admin
Message from the Summerwood Community Association Board of Directors:
As elected members of the Summerwood Association Board of Directors, we take our responsibility of leading the community seriously, especially during these times of making decisions regarding COVID-19. As we continue to closely monitor developments concerning the pandemic, we are charged with determining what is in the best interest of our community and to take precautionary measures for the safety of homeowners. After leveraging the guidelines from the CDC, federal, state and county governments along with our legal representatives and insurance carrier, the following Summerwood Community Association specific guidelines are being shared and will be enforced. Guidelines are fluid and evolving as the pandemic continues; therefore, it is foreseeable that these guidelines may change based on updated guidance from the aforementioned authorities. As of the date of this communication, the decision of the Board of Directors is:
- Summerwood pools (Central and East) are to reopen contingent upon the availability of our pool contractor to staff the pool(s) with lifeguards. There will be no swim at your own risk and pool hours will be dependent on lifeguard readiness and availability.
- A signed COVID-19 liability waiver will be required for any homeowner who desires to make use of the pool. A waiver is required for each swimmer in the family.
- Upon reopening, swimming at the pool will be available to homeowners only. Guests cannot be accommodated due to decreased capacity and the inability to secure waivers from guests.
- The county and city have assigned the responsibility of pool occupancy limits to pool contractors. As of the date of this communication, occupancy maximums will be limited to 50% of capacity.
- COVID-19 signage is being added to the pool area and homeowners are expected to read and comply with the guidelines provided from the government.
- Social distancing and occupancy maximums will be enforced by the pool contractors. A gate attendant will manage access to the pool area.
- Homeowners should be prepared for the pool to be open in 90- minute increments on a first come, first served entrance with all occupants leaving the pool at the 90- minute mark in order to ready the area for the next group of homeowners in line. Homeowners should refrain from engaging the lifeguards in confrontations regarding this time schedule.
- Homeowners entering the pool at any time within the 90- minute period will be expected to exit the pool at the end of that time block. It is beneficial to arrive at the beginning of the 90- minute time block.
- We are unable to accommodate private pool parties due to the governmental and association guidelines and the availability of required lifeguards.
- There will be no swim lessons allowed during this period.
- There will be no available seating at or around the pool. Homeowners are free to bring a chair but must remove it at the end of the swim time block.
- Please be aware that the homeowner is responsible for adhering to all stated guidelines. For the health and safety of the community, breaches of guidelines may result in denial of access to the pool.
We understand that some homeowners may not agree with our decisions. Any homeowner certainly has the right to object; however, the Board of Directors requests that you do so using the available process for inquiries, comments, and recommendations. It is the practice of the Board to review requests and provide responses through the proper channels. It is with the abundance of caution and very thorough consideration that the Board of Directors has come to the above conclusions. Decisions are based on currently available information and on the advice of our legal counsel, insurance carrier, and governmental guidelines.
We appreciate your patience and compliance as we work diligently to ensure that we can offer this amenity to as many homeowners as possible in the safest manner that we can.
Posted on May 11, 2020 9:06 AM by Admin
Harris County Precinct 1 in collaboration with Harris County Public Health is hosting FREE COVID-19 testing at Deussen Park staring Monday May 11 at 10 am from 5 pm. Click on flyer to register. Registration is suggested.
Please call 832-927-7575 to begin the intake process. Assistance is available for seniors that are not able to leave their home but wish to be tested. Please call the 832-927-7575 to schedule an in-home screening.
Please email Erica Foster at Erica.Foster@cp1.hctx.net with questions and/or for more information.